This is the true story of a Puertorican who joined the Peace Corps in June 2006. This blog chronicles my misadventures in the Country of Georgia and in NO way represents the Peace Corps, its mission or its views. It is my personal blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Is It Springtime Yet?











Good question. We've moved away from the deep freeze and into the chaotic transition into spring. March is known for its crazy weather. Exhibit A: Last Monday it snowed, Tues and Wed were gorgeous 60+deg weather, Thurs was incredibly windy and the weekend was a mix of rain and wind. Fickle weather anyone?

But March hasn't been all that bad. Last week a fellow PCV from Azerbaijan came up to visit me. I got to play tourguide as I took her to the local sites in the region (Shida Kartli). One of the sites we went to was Uplistsikhe, a cave city dating back to 1000 BC. This ancient site is rich in history. It was a major center of paganism before Georgia converted to Christianity. You can see the remains of ancient temples. The view was amazing as always. My initial impression of the cave city was "It's Bedrock!" I had the Flintstone's theme song playing in my head the entire time I was there...you would too if you had been there!








1 Comments:

Blogger iserveadonai said...

hey mar.

miss you tons. im sad to find out im just missing you by a few days.

ill be in o town until the 30.

bummmber!


did that blasted box make it yet>? your poor snacks will be stale by the time it gets there!

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home