This is the true story of a Puertorican who joined the Peace Corps in June 2006. This blog chronicles my misadventures in the Country of Georgia and in NO way represents the Peace Corps, its mission or its views. It is my personal blog!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Just Call Me Professor







This past week, Nona and I held our first discussion group with local university students. About 30 girls showed up and they all spoke excellent English. For many it was their first opportunity to speak with a native English speaker. Since it was an all-female audience, we had a lot of fun and talked about a whole range of topics. And of course towards the end of the class, the conversation drifted towards Lost and they started speculating about the plotlines which was all sorts of fun to hear. (For you Lost fans out there, they just started showing season 2.)



And in other news, last week was chock full of holidays. On 3 March, they celebrated Women's day. I went to a concert done by the 8th graders. Here's a picture of one of the dancers from the Adjara region. On 8 March, we celebrated International Women's day which is a very big affair here. No worries, I never heard about it either when I was living in the States.



The second picture is from sunset the other day. It was taken from my beloved pechi room. I can't imagine the day when I'll feel comfortable to put my heater away!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Batumi, would be great if you come here as well

2:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home