This is the true story of a Puertorican who joined the Peace Corps in June 2006. This blog chronicles my misadventures in the Country of Georgia and in NO way represents the Peace Corps, its mission or its views. It is my personal blog!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Origins

It's amazing what can occur in a year's time. Last summer, I found myself at a crossroads debating what my future after graduation would be. Was I going to go immediately to graduate school- if so what/where would I study? Was I going to forego grad school and get a full-time job- again with the what/where? In July, I began to look seriously into the Peace Corps program, but a two year commitment was a little heavy for me to digest. Despite the initial hesitancy, months went by and the idea continued to grow on me. In the fall I met with a recruiter and continued looking into PC resources and online groups. Finally in December, I decided to apply. In January, I had my interview, and by April I received medical clearance. Now my adventure is about to begin as I leave next week for Georgia. I will be part of the PC Educational program, and will work as a TEFL instructor in secondary schools.

As I anxiously await for 13 June to arrive, I can't help but feel that this is just one in a series of great adventures that await me! I've already semi-passed my first test, by managing to reduce the belongings I'm taking into two bags!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home